The former Old Girls School and Fremantle Technical College at 41 South Terrace is set for a new lease of life.
The venue proposes to utilise the buildings for a range of temporary uses including cafe, provedore, bar, restaurant and outdoor event spaces. The proposal is intended to activate the site until the proponent proceeds with further development at a later stage — which we understand will be within 2 years.
The applicant, the Prendiville Group, has described the proposal as a food, beverage and event venue, accommodating up to 700 patrons, trading 7am to Midnight seven days per week throughout the summer months.
The proposed floor plan indicates the following:
- Bar and Café uses within the existing Old Girls School Building with outdoor dining to both the front (South Terrace) and rear of the building; and
- An outdoor event space of approximately 640m², in the existing car parking area at the South Terrace and Norfolk Street corner of the site. The plans include areas for a screen/stage, a bar and food trucks.
- No use is currently proposed within the Fremantle Technical College building (Essex Street). The proposed works and uses include:
- Interior bar area and support spaces to central lobby area.
- The addition of a temporary external preparation kitchen and support spaces.
- New openings to the courtyard and building from lobby area.
- Modifications to the existing toilet facilities.
- Landscaping works to the existing rear carpark area.
- Screening/enclosure of a store area adjacent to the Norfolk Street access point.
- New entry point from Norfolk Street close to the corner of South Terrace, and pergola structures over these entries.
More venues from the Prendiville Group here: https://www.prendiville.com.au/gallery